Live Competition Policies
- Competitors can only watch the other presentations after they themselves have presented.
- Only the finalist can take part in the presentation. Other individuals may help with setup; however, these individuals are not permitted to present and are not included in the award package.
- If there is an interruption during the presentation period which results in the stoppage of the presentation, the room moderator/timekeeper will allocate additional time to the student presenter as interpreted by the timekeeper for adjustment. The timekeeper has final decision on the addition of time due to interruption.
- Students must follow the rules and procedures as outlined in the ‘Finalist Guide.’
- Competitors can bring sample products. Competitors may share food samples as necessary to demonstrate their product, but may not give complimentary samples outside of their presentation.
- Any deliberate action taken by a competitor or their agent to disrupt, damage or impair other competitors before or during the presentations will be cause for disqualification from the competition.
- The failure of competitors and their agents to comply within the terms outlined in the ‘Finalist Guide’ and/or the policies of this document may result in the disqualification of the competitor.