Evaluate the Entrepreneur
1. The student demonstrates the tenacious spirit needed to succeed as an entrepreneur. He/she has encountered challenges, overcome them, and learned from his/her mistakes.
2. The student is effectively integrating the two roles of life – as a student AND a business owner.
3. EO Core Value #1 – Boldly Go – The student is taking smart risks and evolving to meet changing circumstances.
4. EO Core Value #2 – Thirst for Learning – The student is seeking out expert advice and wisdom, and proactively growing his/her own knowledge. He/she is naturally curious.
5. EO Core Value #3 – Make a Mark – The student is innovating, planning for the future and distinguishing him/herself from the field. He/she is taking a long view rather than just quick wins.
6. EO Core Value #4 – Trust and Respect – The student has demonstrated an appropriate degree of trust and respect in his/her interactions with the judges. He/she is showing their true self, demonstrating vulnerability and openness. You find him/her to be trustworthy.
7. EO Core Value #5 – Cool – The student has a unique personal identity that he/she brings to the business. The business is in alignment with his/her identity and values. The student comes across as confident and genuine.
Evaluate the Business
1. Has the student demonstrated a knowledge of strong business fundamentals and shown that they are in practice in the business? Has he/she provided information relating to the growth, revenue and profit of the business?
2. Has the student effectively communicated the business and its vision?
3. Does the business show strong potential for future growth?