Evaluate the Entrepreneur
1. Does the student demonstrate the tenacious spirit needed to succeed as an entrepreneur? Has he/she encountered challenges, overcome them, and learned from mistakes?
2. Is the student effectively integrating the two roles of life – as a student AND a business owner?
3. EO Core Value #1 – Boldly Go – Is the student taking smart risks and evolving to meet changing circumstances?
4. EO Core Value #2 – Thirst for Learning – Is the student seeking out expert advice and wisdom, and proactively growing their own knowledge? Are they naturally curious?
5. EO Core Value #3 – Make a Mark – Is the student innovating, planning for the future and distinguishing him/herself from the field? 6. Is he/she taking a long view rather than just quick wins?
7. EO Core Value #4 – Trust and Respect – Has the student demonstrated an appropriate degree of trust and respect in his/her interactions with the judges? Is he/she showing their true self, demonstrating vulnerability and openness? Would you find him/her trustworthy?
8. EO Core Value #5 – Cool – Does the student have a unique personal identity that he/she brings to the business? Is the business in alignment with his/her identity and values? Do they come across as confident and genuine?
Evaluate the Business
1. Has the student demonstrated a knowledge of strong business fundamentals and shown that they are in practice in the business? Has he/she provided information relating to the growth, revenue and profit of the business?
2. Has the student effectively communicated the business and its vision?
3. Does the business show strong potential for future growth?